Our HYP, "Habitat Young Professionals" group seeks to engage socially conscious young professionals to support the mission of Habitiat for Humanity. HYP brings like-minded individuals ages 21-39 together to share their time, energy and resources to support Habitat for Humanity of Greenville County; to further its mission of helping families with low income attain affordable housing; and to increase its impact within our community. We hope to encourage the development of tomorrow's leaders through volunteer and philanthropic support of Habitat's mission.
- Education and Advocacy: HYP hosts events which promote community awareness of Habitat's mission. Members may also participate in advocacy efforts in support of affordable housing in South Carolina.
- Fundraising: In addition to fundraising for Habitat Greenville, HYP funds support homeowner education, home construction, and home repairs for families in need who own their home.
- Volunteer Services: HYP members volunteer on Habitat home builds, in the ReStores, and at Habitat fundraisers.
As a member of HYP, you will be part of a vibrant group of young professionals seeking to use their time and energy to impact the growing Greenville community.
HYP offers opportunities such as:
- Networking with a diverse group of young professionals striving to create positive change in the Greenville community
- Developing leadership, communication, and teamworking skills serving on HYP committees or on the HYP Executive Board
- Participating in Habitat Global Village trips such as the trip to Tecpan, Guatemala in January 2017
Join Habitat Young Prossionals Meetup page, and get updates from the group here.
For more information or to join HYP, email HYP@habitatgreenville.org.
Be social with HYP!