For more information about any volunteer opportunity, contact Gail Peay, Vice-President of Programs, at (864) 672-6341 or via email at email@example.com.
If you'd like to work directly with Habitat partner families, our family services department is the place for you.
- Family Selection Team volunteers perform home visits (in pairs) to assess homeownership applicant families' eligibility for the Habitat program. They meet with the Family Selection Committee monthly to report their findings.
- Education Facilitators teach homeownership preparation courses on topics ranging from financial literacy and budgeting, to home maintenance, landscaping and gardening.
Office and Events
These volunteers are vital to our work. They perform tasks such as maintaining volunteer information and helping organize events. Give us a call, and put your skills to work for families in need.
Youth age 16 and above are welcome on the construction site, in the ReStores or at any volunteer activity. If you're younger, you or your group can still help. Here are some ideas:
- Start a snack and water drive at your school, church, club or organization. Collect bottled water and snacks such as granola bars, pretzels, fruit snacks and crackers to help volunteers stay energized and hydrated.
- Instead of birthday gifts, ask each guest at your party to make a donation to Habitat.
- Create something for our new homeowners! Your group could create a gift basket for a new homeowner family and present it at their home dedication ceremony. We can help with ideas for the gift basket.
- Check out other ideas for youth projects and how youth can be involved with Habitat’s mission at http://www.habitat.org/youthprograms/resources
If your group would like to work on a project, contact Hannah Wickline, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Volunteer Opportunities
Every Habitat affiliate in the United States has a sister affiliate abroad that they support financially through an annual tithe. This tithe helps support Habitat’s vision that every man, woman and child should have a decent, safe and affordable place to live, across the globe. Habitat for Humanity of Greenville County is excited to support builds by our sister affiliate in Guatemala! Learn more about the need in Guatemala here: http://www.habitat.org/where-we-build/guatemala.
Our most recent Global Village trip took place in January 2017 to Tecpan, Guatemala. Twelve Habitat Greenville volunteers with a total of 64+ years of construction experience built one home and several smokeless stoves. One volunteer shared, "Such a simple task and process, to build a stove, but a world of difference for the health of a family. The family won’t be cooking on an open fire, smoke will now go out of the house when cooking, and they will need less wood." Click here to view a video about the trip.
You can be part of a future Habitat Greenville Global Village trip, or a Global Village trip organized by Habitat International, check out the Global Village page here: http://www.habitat.org/gv. For more information, contact John Lattimore, Director of Project Management, at (864) 672-6344 or via email at JohnL@habitatgreenville.org.