For more information about any volunteer opportunity, contact Gail Peay, Vice-President of Strategic Initiatives, at (864) 672-6341 or via email at email@example.com
If you'd like to work directly with Habitat partner families, our family services department is the place for you.
- Family Selection Team volunteers perform home visits (in pairs) to assess homeownership applicant families' eligibility for the Habitat program. They meet with the Family Selection Committee monthly to report their findings.
- Education Facilitators teach homeownership preparation courses on topics ranging from financial literacy and budgeting, to home maintenance, landscaping and gardening.
Office and Events
These volunteers are vital to our work. They perform tasks such as maintaining volunteer information and helping organize events. Give us a call, and put your skills to work for families in need.
Youth age 16 and above are welcome on the construction site, in the ReStores or at any volunteer activity. If you're younger, you or your group can still help. Here are some ideas:
- Start a snack and water drive at your school, church, club or organization. Collect bottled water and snacks such as granola bars, pretzels, fruit snacks and crackers to help volunteers stay energized and hydrated.
- Instead of birthday gifts, ask each guest at your party to make a donation to Habitat.
- Create something for our new homeowners! Your group could create a gift basket for a new homeowner family and present it at their home dedication ceremony. We can help with ideas for the gift basket.
- Check out other ideas for youth projects and how youth can be involved with Habitat’s mission at http://www.habitat.org/youthprograms/resources.
If your group would like to work on a project, contact Karen Olson, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Volunteer Opportunities
Habitat for Humanity builds in many Greenville County neighborhoods, but did you know we also build throughout the United States and around the world? Through the Global Village program supported by Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI), local affiliates and individuals can tithe and travel to affiliates around the world to support the vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Habitat Greenville's most recent Global Village trip took place in January 2017 to Tecpan, Guatemala. Twelve volunteers with a total of 64+ years of construction experience built one home and several smokeless stoves. One volunteer shared, "Such a simple task and process, to build a stove, but a world of difference for the health of a family. The family won’t be cooking on an open fire, smoke will now go out of the house when cooking, and they will need less wood." Click here to view a video about the trip.
You can be part of a future Habitat Greenville Global Village trip, or a Global Village trip organized by Habitat International, check out their Global Village page here. Our next trip is planned for February, 2019! For more information, contact Hannah Wickline, Construction Coordintaor, at (864) 312-5014 or via email at email@example.com.