Volunteering in Home Construction
If you're 16 or older, we'd love to have you help build Habitat homes! Here's what you need to know:
• No construction experience is needed; skilled supervision is provided.
• Do not come directly to a build site. Sign up in advance by clicking on the yellow box below to see what’s happening at each build site and sign up to volunteer online.
• Volunteer days for new construction projects are Fridays and Saturdays and occasional Thursdays. Three shifts are available:
- All day: 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Lunch is provided to volunteers working all day.)
- Morning shift: 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., or
- Afternoon shift: 12:00 noon to 3:30 p.m.
• All volunteers must provide an adult waiver form (if 18 or older) or a minor waiver form (with parent’s signature, if 16-17 years old). Email your completed waiver form to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it with you on your volunteer day. On your volunteer day, be sure to arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to your shift to sign in so that we can start on time.
For questions, or additional information about any volunteer opportunity, please contact Karen Olson at email@example.com or (864) 672-6345.
Groups of 1-4 may sign up online as well (link below). Groups of 5 or more, please contact Karen Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (864) 672-6345.
Become a Task Leader
Task leaders coach small teams of volunteers in tasks on the construction site. No experience is necessary; we’ll teach you all you need to know. Task leader training takes place on the second Tuesday of each month, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. We ask that you attend at least 6 of our 12 monthly task leader training sessions. If you have any questions, please contact Hannah Wickline, volunteer coordinator, at email@example.com or (864) 312-5014.