To apply for any of the positions listed below, please send your resume to Wendy Westmoreland, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
JOB TITLE: ReStore Donation Truck Crew
REPORTS TO: Fleet Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a division of Habitat for Humanity of Greenville County. The ReStore mission is to generate revenue through the sale of donated building materials and household items to support HFHG’s operating budget. Through its efforts, the ReStore facilitates recycling, minimizes landfill waste, provides low-cost home improvement items, and increases Habitat’s visibility in our community.
The role of the ReStore Donation Truck Crew is to operate a mobile donation drop that provides convenience and accessibility for our donors through home and on-site pick up of donations. It is the crew’s responsibility to make sure our donors, customers, and volunteers receive the highest quality experience possible when interacting with Habitat for Humanity. Crews are tasked with customer service, donation receiving, truck cleaning and maintenance. Team members are the face of Habitat for Humanity in the ReStore’s local community and are expected to exemplify Habitat’s core values at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Provide every donor with an accurate tax receipt
- Maintain consistent and appropriate communication with dispatch.
- Understand and enforce the guidelines for acceptable donations as outlined in the ReStore Handbook.
- Operate donation truck in a manner that is in compliance with all DOT, State, and Federal laws and regulations.
- Inspect vehicle daily for proper operation and safety, maintaining a clean and professional looking truck.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 1-year experience driving a box or delivery truck
- Be able to lift 50lbs.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Clean DMV record.
- Class C endorsement a plus, but not required.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Mental & Physical Demands- ADA Guidelines
Habitat AmeriCorps – National Service Positions
AmeriCorps is a national service program that provides thousands of Americans an opportunity to complete a year of service in communities throughout the country meeting critical needs, learning new skills, and gaining hands on experience in the field of non-profits. Members serve a 10-12 month term of service and receive a monthly living stipend. After completing the program, members are awarded a $5,900 Education Award to further their education or pay back qualifying student loans. Habitat Greenville assists members by providing housing as well.
For more information on Habitat AmeriCorps click here.
To apply for an open position for the 2018-19 service term with Habitat Greenville, follow the links below:
ReStore Development – AmeriCorps VISTA
Volunteer Services Coordinator – AmeriCorps National
Construction Crew Leader – AmeriCorps National
Questions? Please contact Hannah Wickline firstname.lastname@example.org.
Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or disability.