Looking to give back to the community or take a gap year before your next big thing? An AmeriCorps year may be right for you!
AmeriCorps is a national service program that offers adults of all ages and backgrounds the opportunity to help. It’s a way to give back to local communities, learn new skills, and expand your network.
Gain experience, transferable job skills, and a greater understanding of the need for affordable housing in our community and beyond.
Positions typically run from late August to mid-July and work in various roles within the affiliate. We fill positions from late spring to summer for the following service year.
Habitat Greenville has utilized the AmeriCorps program since 2002 and has hosted over 30 members. Currently, we have 3 members serving with us, as well as 5 AmeriCorps Alums on staff! For the 2019-2020 program year, we are looking for 8 members to join our team beginning in late August.
For more information on available positions, check out the listings on habitat.org.
Benefits of the Habitat AmeriCorps Program:
- Gain skills for the future
- Earn a living allowance
- Qualify for an education award of $6,095 upon completion of service
- Be eligible for the forbearance of qualified student loans and payment of interest that accrues during the term of service
- Elect for optional low-cost housing provided by Habitat Greenville
- Participate in the Habitat AmeriCorps Build-A-Thon in late spring
- Serve the greater good and improving the lives of others
Want more information?
Contact Hannah Wickline, email@example.com.
Or, visit the Habitat AmeriCorps website.
Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community in which we live and serve and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or disability.